What is Broadband?
In telecommunications, broadband is a wide bandwidth data transmission with an ability to simultaneously transport multiple signals and traffic types. The medium can be coaxial cable, optical fiber, radio or twisted pair.
Broadband provides a superior internet experience over dial up connection as it allows ease of downloading or uploading large-sized files or multimedia content web pages much faster.
TRAI has defined Broadband as an always-on data connection with minimum speeds of 512 Kbps.
What is Internet over Cable and how does it work?
It's an always-on Internet service, where high speed Internet is delivered over special cables. This technology uses Fiber and Coaxial cables to deliver Internet that has a higher capacity and are more weather resistant in comparison to Telephone cables that are designed to carry voice only. Cable Internet uses a Cable Modem to communicate between your computer and the Internet. It works in very similar manner as the modem used for dial up connection, but converting your data requirements into a high speed form compatible with the cable infrastructure.
What is a Cable Modem?
Cable Internet uses a cable modem to communicate between your computer and the Internet.The interface is between the higher speed coaxial cable and your PC. A cable modem has a capacity to transmit data at upto 4 Mbps, which is many times higher than a typical 56 kbps dialup modem.
Do I need a modem?
Ordinary dial-up modems are not suited for cable internet. You need a special cable modem that would connect to your computer. When you take service from YOU Broadband, at an additional cost the modem is provided by us.
What is FTTH
Fiber to the x (FTTX) is a generic term for any broadband network architecture using optical fiber to provide all or part of the local loop used for last mile. FTTX is a generalization for several configurations of fiber deployment, arranged into groups like FTTH/FTTB/FTTF (Fiber laid all the way to the home/building/Floor) and with copper wires completing the connection. As fiber optic cables are able to carry much more data than copper cables, the traditional copper based networks are being replaced by fiber and thus paving the way for providing Gig interfaces for the subscribers.
- Home broadband routers are not meant for heavy duty.Reboot your Wi-Fi router by disconnecting it, waiting 30 seconds, and then reconnecting it. This is a good practice to do monthly, and anytime you encounter Wi-Fi problems.
- Use a wifi analyser app to check for the interference and change to the least occupied channel.
- Regularly update firmware of the modem/router
- Ensure that u have the latest model. It is recommended to use a dual band 802.11 ac model of routers from popular any of the brands. 5 GHz has more channels and less congested providing better speed, though the range will be less than that of 2.4 GHz.
- Place the router at a suitable place for optimum coverage. Take the help of vendor or the service provider engineer for the location assessment
- Use range extender or multiple routers in mesh mode. Connect the secondary routers in wired mode for better performance. There are high end routers as well that can be used for consistent performance.
- Do proper configuration. Use the data security features to keep away unwanted traffic from the router.
- Buy a router providing parental control feature. This can be used to configure and save kids/minors from unwanted contents.
How can i maximize my WIFI Signal and boost up my internet speed?
How can I safely browse the Internet?
How do I apply for YOU Broadband connection?
You can apply for new connection via website and YOU Broadband mobile app
- Step 1: Go to www.youbroadband.in
- Click on Apply for New Connection
- Fill your Name, Mobile number, Email Id, City, Area, Building, Address.
- Enter the Captcha and click submit
- Step 1: On the Homepage of the YOU Broadband Mobile app click on new connection tab
- Step 2: Select your city and the area and then click on check availability
- Step 3: You will receive a pop up message Yep we are there! Touch continue to proceed with the request
- Step 4: Fill your Name, Address, Email Id and Mobile number and click submit
Do I need to pay while applying for YOU Broadband connection?
No payment has to be made at the time of applying of an order. Post feasibility check, you would receive a confirmation email for making online payment to activate service.
What is the process of Service delivery?
Service delivery is as below:
Once your application has been processed for technical feasibility and when your building has been verified you will receive a call from YOU Broadband to assist you on selecting a tariff plan and in making online payment. If you wish to make offline payment the company will arrange for pick up of your cheque/cash. Installation will be done after the realization of subscription amount. On the time of installation you will need to submit the below listed documents for enabling service activation.
The following documents need to be submitted
Address Proof: Photocopy of ANY ONE of the following
- Ration card
- Latest society or water bill
- Latest MTNL bill
- Property tax or IT returns
- Latest paid bill of another operator
Photo Identity: Photocopy of ANY ONE of the following
- Voter's ID card
- Driving license
- Company or College ID (current session)
- PAN card
Incase of office address for billing:
- Proof of Address of existing company
- NOC from the company
One recent passport size colored photo
What are the installation charges for the service?
Installation charges are based on the validity of plan selected. Currently, there are no installation charges for 6 months and 12 months plan.
Please note charges for other months
Plan for 3 to 4 months - Rs 349 (If done through online Rs 300 only)
Plan for 1 to 2 months - Rs 650
Are there any additional costs besides installation charges?
Yes, beside the plan and installation cost, there will be a refundable deposit of Rs 1000 or Rs 1500 or Rs 2000 based on the network available in your area you will be charged during the time online or offline payment.
What does Tariff Plan mean?
Tariff plan is a plan that a subscriber has opted for determining his requirement for Speed and usage for a given pre-determined validity.
How do I select an optimum plan or what are the different types of plans?
We offer different types of plan such MB (Data transfer plan), Unlimited Plans, Dual Speed Plans (High speed Up to Free resources & reduced speed till validity expiry), Day & Night Plans (Low speed during Day time & increased speed during Night time). You can choose your appropriate plan according to your requirement and usage.
What speeds are offered by YOU Broadband ?
YOU Broadband offers plans with speeds from 1 Mbps - 100 Mbps speed to residence and enterprise.
What is the Fair Usage Policy (FUP) ?
A very small number of customers use an excessive amount of the network bandwidth, to the extent that it can impair the experience of others. The intent of our Fair Usage Policy is to provide the optimum internet experience to all customers.
What happens in Fair Usage Policy ?
Under the policy we have defined fair usage levels for unlimited data transfer plans and needless to mention, the usage levels set are very generous such that most customers will not be affected by the Fair Usage Policy.
What is YOU Broadband app and its benefits?
YOU Broadband has introduced a Mobile application to serve its subscriber with ease and convenience. Features of the YOU Broadband app are as mentioned below:
- Apply for New Connection
- Check status of New Connection
- Quick Pay
- Login to check your account details
- Renew Online
- Check Usage
- Refer a Friend
- Request for technical help
- Track your complaint in real time
- Set up renewal reminders
When do I renew my service?
You need to renew your account when it nears the threshold of your Mb limit /Service validity. YOU Broadband will intimate you when you are reaching the threshold by SMS/email or call, to facilitate service renewal.
Where and how do I pay my YOU Broadband service bill?
Procedure for renewal by online payment using net banking /Credit card(Master/visa)/ Debit Card/ Wallet Cash cards/ IMPS
Step1: Go to www.youbroadband.in
Step 2: Click on My Account and login using your user name and password.
Step 3: Post login choose the option Renew Now. Step 4: Select Net banking/Credit card and enter the payment gateway and follow the process.
In Mobile app go to my accounts menu>> Renew My Account, Select new plan or Renew this Plan and follow the online payment procedure.
We assist in offline account renewal using cash or cheque through our collection executives. You will have to call your respective location call center to place a request for payment collection. An executive will visit your location address to collect the payment within 48 hours.
What are the benefits of re-charging service online?
When you opt for recharging service online we offer the following discounts
|Slab Structure||Discount (Rs.)|
|1001 - 2500||50|
|2501 - 5000||75|
|5000 - 8000||150|
|8000 & Above||250|
What is an Account No?
Account Number is the unique identification number assigned to every subscriber in YOU Broadband. The number has to be kept handy while interacting with YOU Broadband service executive.
How to reset your password through SMS or online?
Step 1) Type password & your YOU Broadband User Id in the following format PWD (space) User name/Account Number. For eg, if your account number is 111910, then your SMS will be as follows: PWD 111910 or if your user name is jyoti, then your SMS will be as follows: PWD jyoti
SMS the above format to 7065111146 or 8239766444 and we will reset your password. The system generates a new random password and this will be sent to you as a reply to your SMS. For security reasons, we advise you to login and change your password immediately
Step 2) To reset your password online
- Step 1: Go to www.youbroadband.in
- Step 2: Click on My Account and login using your user name and password
- Step 3:Select password change, save the new password
- For security reasons, we advise you to login and change your password immediately
If I shift my home, how do I know whether YOU Broadband service will be available at the new location and what are the charges I need to pay if the service is available at the new location?
If you are shifting your home, you can call up YOU Broadband customer care to find out whether the new location already has the YOU Broadband service. If service is available at new location, our Customer care will take down the request for a shift in location. The one-time charge for shifting is Rs. 650.
My Internet Connection Is Not Working?
We are happy to assist you with any technical related issues faced while using our service. A technical team member will be assigned to your case to resolve the issue. However, before you call us to register complaint please run through the following checklist.
- (put a tick box) the LAN cable is properly plugged in to the computer / router
- make sure that the LAN Card / Wireless adapter is not disabled.
- see if the LED lights on the LAN card are blinking or not.
- make sure that the LAN Connection is indicating Connected
- If you are using a Router, please restart the same
Please go to Start > Run, here type cmd and the Command prompt / DOS prompt will appear. In the Dialogue box which appears please type ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew. Then try to surf again.
Disable and then enable your LAN card / Wireless Card / switch off your router, wait a few seconds and then switch it on again.
If your internet does not work post following the above steps, please contact the support team according to your location visit http://www.youbroadband.in/contactus/help_office.php
How do I lodge complaint?
If you are facing service, billing or connection related issues, please register your complaint through the following channels
1) Call customer care (http://www.youbroadband.in/contactus/help_office.php)
- SMS SERVE(Space)Account number/username to 7065111146 or 8239766444
- YOU Broadband MOBILE APP (link) login with your username and password and click on support menu, view the available engineers in your location, confirm and get real time support. If, no engineer is available at the time of complaint registration the system will automatically schedule request.
How do I cancel or disconnect my YOU Broadband Account?
You can cancel or disconnect your YOU Broadband account by registering disconnection request either by call or email.Â
How do I get a refund?
Refund - Prior to Activation:
In the unlikely event of you deciding to cancel your application for a YOU Broadband connection, for any reason, the appropriate refund will be made by YOU Broadband in the stipulated time.
Refund - Post Activation:
Should you decide to disconnect your YOU Broadband connection after activation, you will get refund once you register request asking for a disconnection by call or email ( http://www.youbroadband.in/contactus/help_office.php). The refund would be made after adjusting any dues and will be made by YOU Broadband by cheque within a stipulated time period.